Bad Sign For Plymouth Nightclub

An unidentified woman needed hospital treatment after a nightclub sign fell on her head in Plymouth, England, May 29.

“It was a very big sign, with nails hanging off the end of it, so it could have been a lot worse,” said RAF medic Dean Thomas, who reportedly interrupted a family breakfast in a nearby café to come to the woman’s aid.

“I had a look at her head and stuck on a dressing from the pub’s first aid box to stop the bleeding. I held it there until the ambulance arrived,” he told the Plymouth Herald.

Police said a 30-foot-long wooden sign fell from The Reflex club in Union Street, trapping the woman until members of the public came to her rescue.

The victim was taken to Plymouth’s Derriford Hospital with a deep laceration to the side of her head, but later in the day she released.

A Plymouth City Council environmental health officer attended the scene and began an investigation.