Fire Forces Evacuation At Huntsville, Ala., Theater

A fire that broke out on stage during a holiday performance forced the evacuation of a theater in Huntsville.

WAFF-TV reports that a tightrope act was on stage Sunday afternoon in a concert hall at the Von Braun Center when a curtain caught fire during a show called “Cirque Dreams Holidaze.”

Andrew Willmon of the Broadway Theatre League says stagehands extinguished the flames quickly. But the concert hall filled with smoke and audience members had to be evacuated.

No one was hurt, and an evening performance went ahead as planned.