Full Throttle Fire Was Accidental

Authorities investigating a fire that destroyed a popular South Dakota biker bar say the blaze was accidental.

Photo: Sturgis Volunteer Fire Department

Officials said Monday that investigators can say “conclusively” that the fire at Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis started in the main part of the bar and was an accident.

The loss is estimated at $10 million.

A team from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives started investigating the Sept. 8 fire last week, along with state and local officials.

Special Agent in Charge James Modzelewski says authorities examined artifacts from the scene and conducted interviews to help determine the fire’s cause.

The bar had been the subject a reality TV series that aired for several seasons starting in 2009. Its amenities include zip lines, musical stages and rental cabins.