Get To Know Your Pollstar Live! Panelist: Peter Katsis, YM&U Group
Untangling the Most Massive Rescheduling Campaign in the History of Earth
GERRY BARAD, Live Nation Global Touring
JOE HARRIS, CAA
PETER KATSIS, YM&U Group
JBEAU LEWIS, United Talent Agency
SOPHIE LOBL, C3 Presents
BRUCE SOLAR, APA
DAVID KELLS, Bridgestone Arena
Peter Katsis’ influence has resonated throughout the industry since the 1980s. At only 23 years old, he discovered and managed the infamous industrial alt-rock band Ministry, the first of many groups he has successfully supported. He has worked across numerous scenes, both geographically and stylistically. During the mid-80s, he was closely associated with the birth of house music. Acting as an agent for seminal artists such as Marshall Jefferson and Adonis, he organized some of their first international gigs at iconic venues like Paradise Garage and Ministry of Sound.
Katsis later moved to Los Angeles and became a partner at The Firm. At the agency, he helped the careers of Backstreet Boys, Enrique Iglesias, Korn, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Snoop Dogg, One Direction, Audioslave, Limp Bizkit, Staind, and others.
Currently, Katsis is a partner at YM&U Group in Beverly Hills, where he manages artists like Bush, 5 Seconds of Summer, Fever 333, Jane’s Addiction, The Clockworks and Liz Phair, amongst others.
This year’s Pollstar Live! conference will revive live as the concert business is gearing up and the return to normalcy appears well under way. With some of the best talent and minds in the business gathering once more in Los Angeles June 15-17, you won’t want to miss the networking opportunities, insightful discussion and, of course, the Pollstar Awards honoring the best from the live entertainment world.
Pollstar Live! kicks off with Production Live!, the one-day companion conference that features insightful panels and discussions from industry professionals on all topics related to staging live events including lighting, video, staging and stage management, sound technique, concert production, video, regulations, security and more.
Click here for the Production Live! schedule and here for the Pollstar Live! schedule.
Get To Know A Pollstar Live! Panelist:
Peter Katsis, YM&U Group
Your Professional Background:
– Agent: Prestige Artists / Chicago IL 1981-83 Booked Artists such as house legends Marshall Jefferson and Adonis, NYC no wave artists like James Chance and Defunkt, blues legend Willie Dixon, etc
– Talent Buyer and Promoter / Chicago, IL 1984-88 Booked and promoted shows at The Metro, Club C.O.D., The Riviera Theatre, etc.
– Manager / Chicago, IL 1983-89/ Los Angeles, CA 1989 – Present I have been involved in the management of the careers of over 100 gold, platinum, and multi-platinum recording artists during that time as a manager or partner at top companies like Gallin – Morey Mgmt, The Firm, Prospect Park, and YM&U.
Proudest Moment In Your Career?
– Produced the first concert by an American Rock band in Cuba as a Cultural Exchange with special permission granted by both President George Bush and Fidel Castro when Audioslave played a free show there in 2005 for over 70,000 people.
Why Everyone Must Go To This Panel?
– As some of the first professionals responsible for top touring entertainment to be involved in this type of crisis we owe a full conversation of all important issues we can think of that can and will arise in order to help our community get through these most difficult times.
The Story You Will Tell?
– The best guesses of how to prepare for getting through an unknown worldwide disaster.
The Story You Won’t Tell?
– All the right answers to those questions.
What May Cause Tempers To Flare?
– Some may argue the importance of safety for all over commerce and the right to earning a living for others.
The Question You Hope Is Asked?
– Nothing comes to mind, though there are a few I will not be looking forward to.
What About Live Shows Are You Most Excited For?
– We forget how much live performance inspires our minds and hearts in order to help create a better experience of life for all. It enriches the best part of human group interaction. At no time are we more together and more equal than when we are at a great show. How long can we live without that?