The hits just keep coming for the promoter of last summer’s Labatt Blue Light Concert Series near Niagara, N.Y.
New York-based Concerts Plus now faces two lawsuits totaling $60,000, both stemming from a $25 liquor infraction. Police shut down an Aug. 2
The band sued for $30,000 in December for the interrupted show but now the city of Tonawanda is seeking $30,000 of its own from the promoter, claiming unpaid fees for services including renting the park and police patrols, according to the Buffalo News.
State Liquor Authorities revoked Concerts Plus’ alcohol permits in the middle of the concert and Labatt pulled its sponsorship shortly thereafter.
The liquor license was later reinstated after a $25 fine, but Concert Plus’ Vincent Lesh said in a statement at the time that the rest of the series had to be canceled in light of massive financial losses. Three of eight shows had been held.
Although last year’s concerts didn’t prove successful, it appears the mayor of the city of Tonawanda is looking to secure another summer series.
“Time is of the essence,” he told the News. “These acts have to be booked well in advance of the event and promoters are now leery of what went down last summer.”